This report examines the market for enterprise social media management software (ESMMS) and the considerations involved in implementing ESMMS platforms. This report answers the following questions:
• What trends are driving the adoption of ESMMS platforms?
• What capabilities do ESMMS platforms provide?
• Who are the leading vendors of ESMMS platforms?
• Does my company need an ESMMS platform?
• How much do ESMMS platforms cost?
The report uses the following definition of ESMMS from Altimeter Group: a software tool that uses business rules and approved employees and partners to manage multiple social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. This system contains features such as governance, workflow, intelligence, and integration capabilities across the enterprise.